Oriel Irish Mineral Sea Salt Whiskey Smoked
Oriel Mineral Sea Salt infused with Teeling Whiskey and aged oak hits all the senses. A powerful aroma yet smooth intensity of flavour leaves your taste buds looking for more. Allow this flavour to infuse your recipes and food for pure taste sensation.
It’s fine grain dissolves and blends rapidly in recipes or finish them with a sprinkle on top, this smoked sea salt elevates steaks, infuses burgers and brings new dimension to your cooking.
We use this salt in our Scotch BBQ sauce. It is a truly special local Irish product. To create this incredible powerhouse of flavour, Oriel's fantastic sea salt is smoked using the wood from 90 year old Nicaraguan hand crafted oak kegs that have been freshly emptied of Teeling's Irish Whiskey.
Chef and editor of The Menu in The Irish Examiner, Joe McNamee, managed to put it’s culinary effect into words: “Oriel’s new Teeling Irish Whiskey Smoked Sea Salt is the culinary equivalent of a unicyclist balancing a pile of dinner plates atop a long pole, the other end of which is perched precariously on the tip of his put-upon proboscis - the concept alone is both terrifying and ridiculous and in reality it shouldn’t work at all yet somehow it does, three stonking great flavors, whiskey, smoke, salt, piled on top of each other and coming together in what can only be described as a very vigorous harmony”
- Powerful taste profile with deep mineral oak and whiskey after tones.
- Lower sodium plus you use less - up to 25% reduction.
- Fine grain powder like texture allows you to use less because that's all you need.
- More of a great finisher, this one will change the way you think about salt.
- Smooth non-oxidised flavour is enhanced by the whiskey and oak notes.
- Healthier – More minerals, lower Sodium and use less (with this, who cares?).
- No Additives, Sea Salt as nature intended with just a puff of mighty smoke.
- Totally Irish – Natural, Pure and Local.
From when Oriel pump ocean water in to their facility until they harvest their Natural Mineral Sea Salt, it is in a sealed pressurised system, so it never comes in contact with the air, thus it is non-oxidised. The result is a pure crystal white sea salt richer in minerals due to the sealed system and with a natural fine powder like grain.